Are you visual storyteller? Do you create video content and capture compelling photos to raise awareness and move people to action? Are you creative and passionate about using that creativity to spark meaningful conversations about issues that affect Black gay/lesbian , bi, trans, and queer men/women and nonbinary people? Are you looking to gain hands-on experience in the video and online news media space? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, this might be the position for you.
SOULE, is the digital destination for the Black Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer men/women and non-binary people, is currently seeking enthusiastic and ambitious interns to join our team.
- Video and photo production intern
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Pitching video concepts and photo essays for various social formats
- Shooting and editing short clips
- Writing captions and headlines
- Supporting team members with video- and photo-related tasks, as needed
Experience & Requirements:
- A strong background in video and photo production and post-production, with solid knowledge of Final Cut or Adobe Premiere.
- A positive team player who is a self-starter, creative and goal-oriented.
- An understanding of and a strong interest in media related specifically to the Black Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer men/women and non-binary people in social media.
- Must be comfortable with deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
- A solid background in web production and working with different CMS’.
- Familiarity or knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop
- A background in journalism or related major is appreciated but not required.
Benefits: Unparalleled networking opportunities and job skills development. Exposure to regional and national issues and leaders. Potential opportunities to attend community and entertainment events as an SOULE team member.
- Please submit links to editing and/or production reels and photography.
- Please submit your resume.
- A short bio and 2-5 sentences on why you believe you are the best fit for the position you’re applying for.
Please submit the above information to [email protected] Positions are remote, unpaid and on a voluntary basis. Academic credit is available.