Are you the first of your friends to know about LGBTQ current events? Do you have a strong and engaging social media presence? Are you looking to apply and strengthen your social media savvy for college credit or your next boss move? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, it’s your time to shine! SOULE, is the digital destination for the Black Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer men/women and non-binary people, is currently seeking enthusiastic and ambitious interns to join our team.
- Social media intern
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Monitoring LGBTQ news, issues and community-related events.
- Assist with social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Tumblr)
- Pitching and helping launch social media campaigns
- Support other team members with social media-related tasks, as needed
Experience & Requirements:
- A background in journalism or related major is appreciated but not required.
- Experience at a print or online magazine publication (student publications count too!); and/or blogging experience.
- A positive team player who is a self-starter, creative and goal-oriented.
- An understanding of and a strong interest in media related specifically to the Black Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer men/women and non-binary people in social media.
Benefits: Unparalleled networking opportunities and job skills development. Exposure to regional and national issues and leaders. Potential opportunities to attend community and entertainment events as an SOULE team member.
- Please submit your resume.
- A short bio and 2-5 sentences on why you believe you are the best fit for the position you’re applying for.
- Social media handles of at least 2 of the following (if applicable): Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr
Please submit the above information to [email protected].
Positions are remote, unpaid and on a voluntary basis. Academic credit is available.