The 2017 SOULE Scholarship (Provided by the SOULE Foundation) was created to provide financial support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) youth who are pursuing a college degree. This is our first scholarship program set to support the next generation of leaders who have already been working tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all. Through this scholarship, LGBTQ youth can apply for funds to pay for educationally related expenses to pursue a degree from an accredited college or university. This year, SOULE is awarding up to three scholarships for $2,500 each.
Application Guidelines and Procedures
- This award is open to Graduating High School Seniors who identify as LGBTQ.
- Applicants must be from the Tri-State area (New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey).
- Award criteria is based on the demonstration of past leadership and community service involvement, academic credentials, personal essay, letters of recommendation, an individual interview and a financial need.
- Applicants must send the completed application along with two letters of recommendation, two essays and an official High School transcript.
- Finalists must participate in an individual interview that will be scheduled between April 18 2016 – April 29, 2016
- All applications must be complete for consideration.
- The Soule Foundation must receive all applications no later than April 8, 2016. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Awards are given only to applicants approved by the Scholarship Committee based on the criteria above. The Soule Foundation is not required to award all 3 scholarships annually.
- Award Winner/s must be available for photo/video shoot to receive the award.
Deadline: April 8, 2016
Scholarship Awarding Process
Scholarship awards will not be distributed until The Soule Foundation receives all required documentation, including a copy of the acceptance letter from the institution the student will be attending and verification of attendance by the relevant admissions office. Scholarship payment will be made in two installments (one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester) based upon enrollment, successful registration for classes and good academic standing (Spring-2017)
Completed applications should be submitted to The Soule Foundation for review and consideration.
(a) The completed application form
(b)Two letters of recommendation
(d) Official High school Transcript
(e) Signed Photograph & Video Release Form
Send your application to:
The Soule Foundation
c/o Elijah Li
85 Delancey Street
New York, NY 10002
Please direct questions to: [email protected].org